Accept the challenge of a satisfying career with Christian Care Communities, the region's premier network of residential homes and community programs. We offer an excellent environment where you can make a difference in the lives of our residents.
Christian Care Communities is seeking CNAs for our new Bridgepointe at Ashgrove Woods facility located in Nicholasville, KY.
Christian Care Communities enhances the journey of life for Older Adults.
A society that values and serves people of all ages.
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) is primarily responsible for providing direct resident care including activities of daily living and personal care as needed such as feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal hygiene related services; participates in unit activities, promotes independence, encourages socialization, and advocates for the quality of life of our residents while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
1. Gives prompt and efficient assistance to residents and nursing staff in duties such as:
a. making beds
b. obtaining and accurately recording vital signs, height / weight, oxygen saturation
c. activities of daily living
d. cleaning of facility equipment
2. Follows resident care plans, walking/transfer instructions and restorative program as indicated.
3. Provides care to the resident to maintain activity of daily living skills; mobility, prevent contractures, maintain bowel/bladder continence, adequate nutrition, positioning, skin care and social skills.
4. Maintains personal hygiene of the resident.
5. Follows infection control policies and procedures with emphasis on frequent hand-washing practices
6. Promptly responds to call lights and resident alarms.
7. Vigilant in monitoring of wandering residents.
8. Reports pertinent information to the nurse in a timely manner.
9. Informs supervisor by end of each shift any duties which could not be completed.
10. Immediately reports suspect abuse injuries (i.e., bruises/skin tears) of unknown origin
11. Completes all assigned duties according to agreed upon timetable.
12. Works scheduled shifts as assigned by Staff Coordinator.
13. Attends to report at beginning of each shift and completes report to oncoming shift.
14. Documents care given to the resident legibly and accurately per standards of practice.
15. Maintains safe environment by recognizing, eliminating, and/or reporting hazards.
16. Uses safety measures to assure safety of residents, visitors, and employees.
17. Uses safe practices utilizing gait belts and mechanical lifts as deemed appropriate.
18. Participates in performance improvement measures, nursing committees, and data collection.
19. Accepts personal responsibility for continuing education to maintain status on Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry.
PART V: PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
2. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Specific communication abilities required by this job include the ability to talk and hear in order to converse with others, discern, convey, express oneself, and exchange information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; lighting is in the standard range.
2. The employee is subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, and exposure to the infectious waste, diseases and conditions, including the AIDS and Hepatitis B and C viruses.
Required Education: High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
Preferred Experience: 1 or more years’ experience in a long-term health care setting
Required License and/or Certification: Licensed as Nursing Assistant, Commonwealth of Kentucky
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
Excellent communication skills to include:
1. Ability to speak and read English
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
3. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
4. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, organizations and others
5. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
Screening Requirements: drug screen and criminal background check
Christian Care Communities and its affiliated subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Christian Care Communities does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran’s status, or disability.